WO Studios Privacy Notice
Who is responsible for your data?
Our Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that WO Studios collects and uses.
References in this Privacy Notice to “WO Studios”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Up A Notch Sdn Bhd (a company registered in Pulau Pinang, Malaysia with registration no 1398821-X and registered office at 51-21-A MENARA BHL BANK, JALAN SULTAN AHMAD SHAH, 10050, GEORGE TOWN PULAU PINANG MALAYSIA) and all its subsidiaries (please contact us for a full list). We control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used and are therefore the “data controller” for the purposes of the PDPA 2010, Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any other applicable Malaysian data protection legislation.
Categories of data we collect
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
• Firstname, surname, date of birth and gender
• Contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
• Shoe size, height, weight, harness size, cord size
• Financial information, including credit/debit card details (although we do not retain complete payment card information)
• Your posts and messages on digital platforms/social media
• Your feedback and communication you exchange with us (e.g emails, letters, calls, or logs of face to face interactions
• Your bookings/usage
• Identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
How and why we use your personal data
We collect most of this personal information directly from you when you register with WO Studios, book a class, use our website, interact with us or visit us as a guest.
To fulfil contractual obligations and provide our services to you
Your booking for a class is a contract between you and WO Studios, so we require your personal data, to allow you to access the studio and for us to verify your identity when necessary, along with taking payment for the service we are providing.
We will store information regarding the classes you are attending and specific requirement in order to ensure we have sufficient equipment available and that we are adhering to health and safety and insurance requirements.
To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
We may need to contact you by email, phone, letter and/or SMS for administrative, customer service or operational reasons, please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you choose not to receive marketing communications. Examples of these include; unplanned studio closure or timetable change.
We will also use your personal data to contact you if you have visited the studio as a guest, filled in a web-form through our website, emailed or called us, or contacted us on social media.
Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for other users.
Having a named company contact for our suppliers and/or corporate customer’s means we can communicate more efficiently with you for payment purposes or with any booking/event queries. As a named company contact at a company in the vicinity of one of our sites means we can liaise with you directly to negotiate benefits and offers exclusive to your company and keep track of any negotiations.
To personalise and improve your customer experience
We may also collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and to send you relevant messages that we think you might like.
If you attempt to make a booking online, then you leave our website before this has been finalised, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your booking.
To inform you about our news and offers that you may like
As part of our service, we will email you with studio news and offers that we have negotiated for our users and guests. If you do not wish to receive this additional information, you can; opt out at point of sale, manage your mailing preferences via your account www.wostudios.co, choose the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option present on our email, reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact.
If you have not made a purchase from us, we will only contact you via SMS/email/phone with updates, such as; offers and events IF you have consented to this (with the exception of direct response to a query). You can ‘unconsent’ to contact at any time choosing the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option present on our email, reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact.
To improve our services, for administration purposes and to protect our business interests
The business purposes for which we will use your information include; accounting, budgeting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, safety, security, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance, ordering of supplies, planning and development.
To comply with any other legal obligations.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group. It may also be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, acquires a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets.
We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
• Postal or digital mailing company/app – to send out communication to you on our behalf.
• Specialist survey company/app – to send out surveys to you on our behalf (you are not obliged to respond to them).
• Bank/credit or debit card companies – in order to process your payments for services.
• Web servers/website providers – hosting/storing some personal data.
• IT support company – able to access some information to assist with IT issues.
• Event/class booking websites – we’re passed your details if you book an event via a third party website
• Social media/digital marketing channels
• Booking & till system
• In addition to the categories of recipient listed above, we may disclose your personal data when this is required by the law of any jurisdiction to which WO Studios may be subject.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
As described in this Privacy Notice, we may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties. Where WO Studios discloses your personal data to a third party, we require them to have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data; however in some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, over which we have limited control.
There are three main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
• Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as your account.
• Site analytics/performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your experience. These cookies don’t identify you as an individual.
• Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete WO Studios web experience
We may occasionally include links to third party websites on our emails and/or website. We do not take any responsibility for these sites, the cookies they use or how they manage any data you may provide to them.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for example to comply with retention obligations e.g. under tax or contract law. You can request deletion of your personal data at any time (see the section below on your right to erasure).
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances):
• The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
• The right to rectification – we will correct your personal data if it’s inaccurate and complete any incomplete personal data. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us. You have the ability to change certain information via your online account (such as email and address).
• The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete personal data that we hold about you.
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to object to processing – if you would like us to stop processing your personal data, you can do this in a number of ways; you can choose the ‘opt out/unsubscribe’ option if present on our email, you can reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any email/text contact, you can advise a team member if they call, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The right to Data Portability – move, copy or transfer your personal data
Updates to our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices or in line with new legislation. We encourage you to periodically review the Privacy Notice on our website for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Contacting Wo Studios
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or the way WO Studios are processing your data, or would like to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at
If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your personal information then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). However, if you would like to direct your complaint/concerns to a Data Protection Authority, the contact details for your local Data Protection Authority are as follows: